WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded into your computer when you access certain websites. Amongst other things, cookies enable a Website to store and recover information about a User’s browsing habits or those of his equipment and, depending on the information that they contain and the way in which you use your equipment, they can be utilised to recognise the User. Cookies are only associated with one anonymous User and his/her computer or device, and do not provide references that make it possible to find your personal data.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATIONS AND COOKIES EXEMPT FROM THEM
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require informed consent from the User are the analytical cookies and the advertising and affiliation cookies, the exceptions being those of a technical nature and those that are needed to enable the Website to operate or for providing services expressly demanded by the User.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- a) According to the organisation that manages them, there are Own Cookies (those that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from an item of equipment or a domain managed by the editor him/herself and from which the service Requested by the User is provided) and third-party cookies (those that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from an item of equipment or a domain not managed by the editor, but by another organisation, which processes the data obtained via the cookies).
- b) Depending on the time that they remain active, they may either be session cookies (designed to collect and store data while the User is accessing a Website) and persistent cookies (where the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period that is specified by the person responsible for the cookie –it could be a few minutes or several years-).
- c) Depending on the purpose for which they process the information that they compile, they could be:
– Technical Cookies (necessary to use the web and to provide services contracted),
– Personalisation Cookies (they enable the User to access the service with predefined characteristics, such as for example the language, browser type, regional configuration, etc.)
– Analytical Cookies (they collect information about the use being made of the website),
– Advertising Cookies (they collect information about the Users’ preferences and personal choices),
– Affiliation Cookies (they enable the User to monitor the visits coming from other websites, with which the Website establishes an affiliation contract).
TYPES OF COOKIES UTILISED BY THIS WEBSITE
The cookies utilised at our Website are session cookies and third-party cookies, and they enable us to store and access information about the language, the type of browser used, and other general characteristics predefined by the User, as well as to follow and analyse the activity that the User carries out in order to improve and provide our services in a more efficient and customised way. Furthermore, the cookies used are subject to time, the only reason for this being to make browsing more efficient. Under no circumstances do these cookies provide by themselves, data of a personal nature, and neither are they used to collect such information.
Using cookies has its advantages, for example:
– They enable the User to browse through and access the different services offered by this Website;
– They prevent Users from having to configure the general predefined characteristics every time they access the Website; and
– they help to improve operations and the services provided via this Website, after the analysis of the information obtained from the cookies installed.
On accessing our website you will be informed that if you carry on browsing a variety of third-party cookies will be installed; the only reason for installing these cookies will be to register your access to our Website in order to compile anonymous statistics about visits, invariably compiling information anonymously. You do not have to accept the installing these cookies, you can browse throughout our website.
In different sections of our website, the following social network cookies can be installed:
- Google+ and Google Maps Cookie, as in its site about which types of cookies are used.
You can access your browser’s configuration at any time and either accept or reject all the cookies, or select those whose installation you are prepared to accept and those you are not prepared to accept, by following one of the procedures shown below, which will depend on the browser you use:
Google Chrome (on the Tools Menu):
Configuration > Show advanced options > Privacy (Configuration of contents) > Cookies: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktopandhl=es
Microsoft Internet Explorer (on the Tools Menu):
Internet options > Privacy > Advanced: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Options > Privacy > Cookies: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
Safari, iPad and iPhone:
Preferences > Privacy: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=es_ES
Configuration > Options > Advanced > Cookies: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.00/es-ES/cookies.html
These browsers are subjected to updates or modifications, so we cannot guarantee that they completely adapt to the version of your browser. It may also be the case that it utilises another browser not taken into account in these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To prevent these maladjustments, you can access directly from your browser’s options, generally via the “Options” menu in the “Privacy” section. (Please seek help from your browser for further information).
DEACTIVATING/ACTIVATING AND REMOVING COOKIES
Cookies are restricted or blocked via the browser configuration.
If you do not want the websites to put any cookie in your equipment, you can adapt the browser’s configuration in such a way that you are notified before a cookie is placed. Along the same lines, you can adapt the configuration in such a way that the browser rejects all cookies, or just the third-party cookies. You can also remove any of the cookies that are already in your equipment. Remember that you will have to separately adapt the configuration of every browser and item of equipment that you use.
Remember that if you do not want to receive cookies, we cannot guarantee that our Website will operate as it should. Some of the site functions may be lost and it is possible that you can no longer see certain Websites. Furthermore, rejecting cookies does not mean that you are no longer going to see adverts. It is just that the adverts will not adapt to your interest and they will be repeated more frequently.
Every browser has a different method for adapting the configuration. If necessary, consult the browser’s help function to establish the correct configuration.
If you wish to deactivate the cookies in your mobile phone, refer to the phone handbook to obtain further information.
To obtain further information about cookies on the Internet, http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Taking into account how the Internet and websites work, we cannot always count on the information provided by third parties via our Website. This applies particularly to cases where our Website contains what are known as integrated elements: texts, documents, images or brief films that are stored somewhere else, but are shown on our Website or via our Website.
Therefore, if such cookies are found at this Website and they are not included on the above list, please inform us. Get directly in touch with the third party to ask for information about the cookies that the latter includes, as well as the purpose of the cookie and its duration, and how that third party has guaranteed your privacy.